HISTORY OF DYKMAN STABLES
The Dykman family immigrated from Holland in April of 1957. The family came to the Mc Queen farm in October of 1957; they built a herd of 100 milking cows. By 1967, Peter the father and son Rein started to sell the milking herd and switch into horses for that is what they knew and loved from their homeland. By 1969 Peter, Rein, and his wife Maria established the “Golden Horseshoe Ranch”, later on to be one of the largest riding stables in southern Ontario. The father Peter passed away in May 1982, Rein and Maria continued to run the family business until June of 1987 when the Golden Horseshoe Ranch “working business” was sold due to a family illness. Rein passed away in 1989. Maria, Mark, a
nd Peter remained living on the Mc Queen Farm. In 1995, Maria and her children found themselves back in possession of the family business. Spring of 2008 Dykman Stables became a Limited entity when Peter the youngest child of Rein and Maria Dykman purchased the farm from Mr. James Mc Queen, which they have rented from over 50 years.
Dykman Stables Limited primary focus is to provide outstanding horse care in a sound, safe family environment.